ABOUT PETIT VOUR
pronounced, pet-ee vor
For those seeking to use their creative passion to change the world, Petit Vour could be the perfect company to join. As part of the Petit Vour Team, you’ll be revolutionizing the way people discover, shop, and learn about vegan beauty and lifestyle products. With a focus on style and design, Petit Vour offers a tightly-curated selection of the “crème de la cruelty-free”—the best ethically-made beauty and lifestyle products on the market—while also partnering with major brands to launch eco- and ethically-made product lines. Since launching in the spring of 2013, we’ve become one of the fastest growing cruelty-free beauty companies in the world, with triple-digit yearly growth.
PRODUCT PHOTOGRAPHER - LIFESTYLE
Build the story of the Petit Vour woman through our assortment of products and creative photography to be used across all forms of media. This photography will dynamically communicate the function of the products as well as the feel of the brand through lifestyle props, setting, and lighting. The daily goal will be to connect with our audience by offering a glimpse at life through the eyes of the Petit Vour woman.
Reports to: Marketing Manager
Salary: Full-Time / Commensurate With Experience & Role
Location: Austin, Texas
CreativePhotograph products in an engaging way, communicating the Petit Vour woman’s lifestyle.
Collaborate/Communicate: Each task requires a creative vision. You will be required to collaborate with others on most tasks as well as clearly communicate your creative thoughts through written, verbal and visual means. Always be prepared to present multiple avenues with which to achieve the common goal.
Be well-versed in and apply best practices for product lifestyle photos in these forms of media:
- Seasonal campaigns
- Social media
- Print pieces
- Press pieces
Scheduling & Production
- Utilize the tools provided to you to schedule your time each day for the purpose of making the best creative possible while achieving deadlines communicated by the marketing manager.
- Be the producer of your photos: source props, schedule for lighting, procure equipment and set aside adequate time to collaborate with teammates on the project.
- Edit each photo to its highest degree and according to the needs communicated by your teammates.
Upkeep & Organization
- Contribute to upkeep and renewal of all photo equipment, props, products, and samples. Ask for updates or to replace broken equipment when necessary.
- In partnership with Lead Photographer and Lead Designer, keep the photo space clean, uncluttered, organized, and ready for the next person to use.
- Work closely with the marketing manager, creative marketing team, and the founders to understand and execute upon the needs of the project.
- Have a team player attitude—there is no job too small. In Petit Vour’s exciting environment everyone pitches in whenever they are needed.
What You Have:
- Link to digital portfolio
- Bachelor’s Degree in Photography
- Comparable experience may be accepted if work examples demonstrate a great fit.
- 2-3 years of applicable experience.
- Demonstrable technical photography and editing skills.
- A body of work that incorporates prop styling.
- Excellent communication skills.
- An unwaveringly positive, go-getter attitude.
- Creative solutions.
- The ability to organize your tasks by priority.
- The ability to pivot and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
To apply, send resume and portfolio to email@example.com.
*Skill assessment required after candidate passes through initial interview.